Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Apartments

I apparently fail at keeping this blog going with any regularity--or at least I've failed in the past couple weeks.

It's really not my fault. I've been fiendishly busy. I think I can safely say that apartment searching (with a rather strict deadline after which homelessness ensues) is my least favorite activity on this planet. I've never had to administer an enema to an elephant, but I think I might choose that over this. It's also amazing how much absolute sleazebag-ness there is present around anything related to student housing. There are entire blocks (*cough* most of St. Dominque *cough*) of absolutely terrible apartments rented out to students at prices that aren't even low enough to justify the slum-ness.

When its at its worst, it's like my future roommate, who actually had his bathroom roof collapse and his landlord still wouldn't come fix the place. They know students are desperate, gullible, and in most cases pretty damn naive about what you can get for the money. Not all landlords are total douchebags, of course. My current landlords are great, my past one took some hassling to fix things but was a decent fellow in general, and my (probable) future one seems like a good bet.

Yes, that's right, I found a place. It's not totally finalized yet, so I'll avoid posting pictures in order not to jinx it. But when that lease is signed, you can bet your ass you'll be seeing them.

1 comment:

  1. Have noted your infrequent blogging - took it as a sign of health.

    ReplyDelete