Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jokes of pandemic proportions

I have had the misfortune of being rather ill for the past several days. It's nothing crazy, just a bad cold/mild flu sort of thing. Chicken soup, lotsa fluids, and dayquil.

Yes, everyone's a bit freaked out about swine flu. Yes, I was the one who started the joke that I maybe shouldn't have made out with that pig down in Tijuana last weekend. But does every...single...person that I mention my illness to have to joke that I probably have swine flu? By this point, its gotten to the point where it's stopped being funny and started me having to pre-empt the joke.

"Hey man, I'm not feeling too well."
"Whoah, watch out, you might have..."
"...swine flu, yes, I know. Ha ha. Look at your wit, making jokes out of the headlines of the day."

Again, I can't be too judgmental, because I was making the joke before anyone else was. I just fear I've created a monster I can no longer control.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that would be annoying. It is completely inappropriate to stop people from making the joke... again.

    ReplyDelete