Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A brief rant about cinnamon gum and related atrocities

Okay, seriously, this stuff sucks. It's like someone decided that the best idea in the world was to have a gum that BURNS YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU CHEW IT. You know that wonderful cooling feeling mint gives you afterwards? Yeah, cinnamon doesn't do that. It makes me feel like I have a case of strep throat--something I'm sure every product should aim for. Also, I sure as hell would rather have any giver of kisses to me taste "minty fresh" over "cinnamon-y fresh."

See, that second one isn't even an ad-slogan-turned-expression. It's stupid. About the only piece of candy that I hate more than cinnamon gum are these:
...that is, all except the one second from the left. I have many memories as a child of picking a candy cane which, to my colorblind young self, appeared to be a stick of minty deliciousness, only to find it tasting a bit like what I picture day-glo paint tasting like. God made candy canes mint. That's all they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment